Anne Taintor Art
If you’re a Facebook fan, you probably remember those “25 Things About Me” lists that were circulating around a while back. Some people thought they were silly – I personally loved them. I learned more about people in five minutes than I ever could by asking them directly. Most people just aren’t that forthcoming in conversations – social networking is truly a place to let it all hang out.
So, here’s some more vital information about myself that you can think about. It’s all about me, you know…
- Have you ever heard of synesthesia? Well, I’ve often wondered if I have it. I think of numbers as humans, complete with personalities, genders and colors. For example, the number 2 is a nice guy and he’s typically blue. The number 7 is also a very nice guy, he’s green. The number 4 is a bossy female and she’s colored red. Letters and months also have personalities. (I know… I’m in my own little world, but it’s okay, they know me here).
- I have always hated Sundays. Always. I’m sure that I’ve hated them since infancy.
- I cry when I see commercials about animal charities. Every time.
- If I were rich, I would build a new house. It wouldn’t be much bigger than the one I have now but it would have the most magnificent mudroom you’ve ever seen.
- If I had a mudroom, I would sit in it daily and contemplate how lucky I was. I might even entertain guests in there.
- I could spend my entire paycheck on home organizational stuff. I love cabinets, bins and shelving units.
- You can’t always tell that I love organizational stuff by the way my house looks.
- I have a bad temper.
- I was chubby growing up and I still remember how that made me feel.
- I love fall and think about it all year long.
- I think I would have liked living in the 1940’s – I love their clothes.
- Growing up in the 80’s was like living during a 10 year long costume party.
- We didn’t have football field lights at my high school so our games were on Saturdays. I’m still mad about that 25+ years later.
- One of my life goals is to visit as many US National Parks as I can.
- If I were rich, in addition to having a mudroom, I would donate millions to the US National Park Service.
- I used to dream about visiting Europe. Now I dream about taking a vacation, period. Ohio looks good right now.
- I’m one of the only people I know that hated The Da Vinci Code. Tom Hanks got points off in my book for starring in that movie.
- I need footnotes to truly understand Shakespeare.
- I used to want to be an art historian.
- I have a stuffed dog from when I was two years old. Her name is FiFi and she has had many cosmetic surgeries.
- Sometimes I sing to my children just to get on their nerves. Works every time.
- I hide under blankets or behind chairs when I watch horror movies.
Okay, that’s enough revelations for this time. Please share something with me – don’t be shy. We’re all friends here.